THE CATHOLIC CHURCH
1. What is meant by the expression, "the Church"?
2. How do the theological virtues of faith, hope, and charity give unity to
the Church? Would you say that another source of her unity or oneness is
3. St. Thomas says the faithful are sanctified (that is, made holy) in four
ways. What is the Source of this holiness? Discuss this.
4. Show that the Catholic Church merits the title or mark of "catholic,"
despite the fact that there are non-Catholics.
5. St. Thomas classifies the elements which make up the mark,
"apostolicity." Discuss how these elements are contained in the text of St.
Matthew, xvi, 18 (see footnote 29).
6. Why is it necessary that the Church of Christ have marks?