SAINTS - SACRAMENTS - SINS
1. Discuss the similarity between the natural body with its head and
members, and the spiritual body, the Church, with its Head and members. Why
is the Church called the Mystical Body of Christ?
2. The Communion of Saints means that between the members of the Church - in
heaven, in purgatory, and on earth - there exists, by reason of their close
union with one another under Christ their head, a mutual communication in
spiritual riches or "good." Discuss this doctrine.
3. Why does St. Thomas give us a review of the seven Sacraments in treating
of the Communion of Saints?
4. Trace the origin and growth of the life in the Mystical Body by its
analogy with the life of the physical body in each of the Sacraments.
5. Discuss St. Thomas' answer to the objection: men cannot forgive sins
committed against God.
6. Some day I shall be thanking people whom I never knew existed. Explain
and discuss this.