THE SACRAMENTS OF THE CHURCH
SACRAMENTS IN GENERAL
1. "A sacrament is a visible sign of invisible grace." Explain these words
of St. Thomas and give some Sacraments as examples (see footnote 3).
2. One Sacrament pertains to society, another to the entire Church, and
five Sacraments perfect the individual. Explain this.
3. Discuss the parallels between the physical and the spiritual life.
4. Discuss the three elements that go to make up a Sacrament: (1) certain
things as the matter; (2) certain words as the form; (3) a minister.
5. What is common to all the Sacraments?
6. What is characteristic of each individual Sacrament?