THE SACRAMENTS. PART II
1. Discuss the three parts of the Sacrament of Penance.
2. What is the form of the Sacrament of Penance?
3. Our Lord instituted this Sacrament when, after the Resurrection, He
breathed upon the Apostles and said: "Receive you the Holy Ghost; whose
sins you shall forgive they are forgiven, and whose sins you shall retain
they are retained" (John, xx. 22-23; Matt., xvi. l9). Did Christ mean that
this power would cease at the deaths of the Apostles?
4. Discuss the practical value of the Sacrament of Penance.
5. Discuss the words of St. James regarding the Sacrament of Extreme
Unction, and point out in these words the different effects of this
6. Why does the priest anoint on "the places of the five senses"? What are
they, and what does the priest say?
7. Discuss the view that the last anointing is a sure sign of death.