OUR DAILY BREAD
1. What is the relation between the gift of fortitude and this petition of
the Lord's Prayer?
2. Notice how we ask only for spiritual things in the first three petitions
of this prayer, and we ask for our temporal necessities in the fourth
3. "Give us this day our daily bread" includes our prayer to avoid five
sins associated with the temporal needs of man. What are these sins, and
what are the means of avoiding them?
4. What does St. Thomas say about excessive solicitude for the things of
this world? What well-known sermon of Our Lord does he recall? (See Matt.,
5. "Bread" here means all our temporal wants and our spiritual needs as
well. Explain how this refers particularly to the Holy Eucharist.
6. Does the "Word of God" also have a share in this petition? How?