FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES
1. Through the gift of counsel we pray that God may "forgive us our
trespasses." Explain this.
2. Discuss how "trespasses" are our debts or sins.
3. Explain how the virtues of fear and hope arise out of this petition.
4. The answer of this prayer for forgiveness is had first of all in the
Sacrament of Penance. Discuss this.
5. Discuss the means of remitting the temporal punishment due to sin.
6. Explain the last part of this petition, viz., we pray to forgive others
the offenses they commit against us. Is this not included in a good