DELIVER US FROM EVIL
1. In this final petition do we not pray for deliverance from all sins and
from all conceivable evils?
2. How does St. Thomas explain our deliverance from adversity and
afflictions in this world?
3. What is the virtue of patience, and how do we practise this virtue?
4. How does this prayer secure peace for us?
5. Explain the meaning of "Amen."
6. Discuss how the Lord's Prayer contains all that we ought to desire and
all that we ought to avoid.
7. Discuss how the Our Father has all those excellent qualities of prayer
which St. Thomas says belongs to all prayer. The qualities are: confident,
ordered, suitable, devout, and humble.