THE HAIL MARY
1. What parts of the Hail Mary were contributed by the Angel Gabriel. by
St. Elizabeth, and by the Church?
2. Recall the words of the "Angelus" prayer, and discuss how it recalls the
3. Discuss how the Blessed Virgin was truly "full of grace" (see footnote
4. Explain the difference between the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin
5. How is Mary the "Mother of Christians"?
6. Explain and discuss the title: "Mediatrix of all graces" (see footnote
7. "The Lord is with thee" are words of greatest possible praise and honor
to Mary. Explain this.
8. Discuss the Angel's words: "Blessed art thou among women."
9. What are the penalties of sin, and how was the Blessed Virgin entirely
free from them?
10. Explain Mary's beautiful title: "Star of the Sea."
11. Make a comparison between Mary and Eve.
12. Describe the visitation of Mary to Elizabeth, and explain the words:
"Blessed is the fruit of thy womb."
13. The last part of the Hail Mary was added by the Church. Explain this
14. How is the Mother of God also our Mother? Recall the words of Our Lord
to Mary spoken while He was dying on the cross (John, xix. 25-27)