THE FOURTH COMMANDMENT
1. Notice the difference as to object (God - neighbor) between the first
three Commandments and the last series of seven Commandments.
2. Discuss some of the reasons which St. Thomas gives us to honor our
parents, such as birth, nourishment and care, education.
3. Discuss a number of the references from the Scriptures which support
4. Although the obligation to honor our parents rests upon the natural law,
yet observe the rewards which are promised those who keep this precept.
5. Our superiors in the Church, our temporal rulers, and our benefactors
are called by the name "father." Discuss the obligation of giving them
reverence and honor.
6. Parents also have an obligation to supervise the religious and moral
education of their children; and if they find it insufficient in school,
they must supply it. Discuss this teaching of the "Roman Catechism."