THE SACRAMENTS. PART I
1. What is Baptism?
2. Discuss the matter and the minister of Baptism.
3. How would you administer Baptism in case of necessity?
4. Discuss the descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles on Pentecost
Sunday, and relate it to the Sacrament of Confirmation.
5. Discuss the matter and form of Confirmation.
6. Why must we be confirmed?
7. Discuss the matter and form of the Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist. St.
Thomas says the chief effects of the Holy Eucharist are: (1) the change of
the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ, and (2) the union of
the soul of a communicant with Our Lord. Discuss these effects.
9. Discuss the Last Supper and the institution of the Blessed Sacrament.
What is the relation of the Last Supper to the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass?
10. Explain the two separate consecrations, one of the bread and one of the
wine, in the Mass (see footnote 21).