THE SACRAMENTS. PART III
1. Name and discuss the various orders according to their importance (see
"Roman Catechism" for special treatment of each order).
2. Our Lord instituted the Sacrament of Holy Orders when He gave the
Apostles and their successors in the priesthood the power to offer the
Sacrifice of the Mass (at the Last Supper: "Do this for a commemoration of
Me," Luke, xxi. 19), and when He breathed on the Apostles and gave them the
power to remit or to retain sins (on the day of the Resurrection, John, xx.
23). From this discuss the power and dignity of the priest.
3. What is the effect of the Sacrament of Holy Orders?
4. How many years are required for the education of a priest?
5. The Sacrament of Matrimony is marriage validly entered upon between
Christians, that is, all who are baptized. Does the Church legislate for
marriage between non-baptized persons? Explain and discuss this.
6. Who are the ministers of the Sacrament of Matrimony, and what is its
7. Discuss the importance of consent in the Sacrament of Matrimony.
8. What is the threefold "good" or purpose of marriage?